Most weekends there are markets in the area, which are a great way to shop locally for locally grown food, crafts, and bric a brac. Check out the Bream Bay Calendar for dates, or for this weeks events, the home page of the website.
- Waipu Boutique Sunday Market & Café:
2nd Sunday of the Month or twice monthly. Waipu Coronation Hall 9-1pm
- Waipu Street Market – Saturday or Sunday of long weekends 9-1pm,Waipu Main Street
- Waipu Antiques and Collectables Fair – Sunday of Long weekends 9-4pm contact: Leigh 09 432 0059 022 494 2008 firstname.lastname@example.org
Marsden Cove Community Markets
6.30-10.30 every Saturday morning The Growers Market offers a vast range of produce throughout the year with customers guaranteed that the produce is grown and processed by stallholders.
The market was started in 1998 by two growers who saw a need to foster and save small and medium size growers while offering consumers an alternative to mass produced goods. It was the first growers market in New Zealand and it remains the largest of its kind. Whangarei Farmers Market
Markets in Mangawhai
Mangawhai has weekly and monthly markets – well worth the drive around the coast – and don’t forget to visit the Smashed Pipi Gallery (one of the best in Northland) and Bennetts Café and Chocolataire.
Mangawhai Market Every Saturday 9am – 1pm at the Library Hall in the Village
Contact: Marita Draper, The Cheese Shop Ph: 09 431 2195 Mob 021 598 917
- Mangawhai Beach and Country Market At the Mangawhai Domain Sunday 9am – 1pm, Car boot sites available 4th Sunday of the month October to March , and 2nd, 3rd and Sundays in January
Enquiries: Sue – 0274 586 144 email@example.com
- Mangawhai Heads Market In the Wood Street Shops Sunday’s 10am-2pm Contact: Jan Ph: 09 431 2241